Spring is in the air and we want to encourage you to Spring Into Action. According to a survey in Success Magazine (Sept. 2010), of people who volunteer:
68% say it makes them feel physically healthier!
73% say it lowers their stress level!
92% say it enriches their sense of purpose in life!
Serving has it’s benefits. It makes us feel better physically, lowers our stress level and gives purpose to our lives! According to statistics, nearly 100% of people who serve feel better about themselves.
My question, who doesn’t want to feel better about themselves?
We are here to help add purpose to your life – through connecting with Jesus and through connecting with others. Serving helps strengthen that connection.
You may walk through the church each week and think that the ministry areas are complete, but something is missing …YOU!
Yes, we need your gifts and talents. We need your heart. We want to connect with you!
Do you ever think “I can’t do anything for God. I have no special talent.” Well, we want to show you differently.
What do you love to do? That is the first step to serving, working in an area that you love.
- Do you love helping those less fortunate? Twice a month we have opportunities to partner with Harry Chapin and give away food to those in need.
- Do you love babies? The nursery has opportunities for you to love on little ones.
- Do you love little kids? Children’s church has opportunities for you to feed into the life of young children.
- Do you enjoy interacting with teens? Our Straight Up Youth Group is an opportunity for you to make a difference in a young person’s life.
- Do you enjoy talking to people? Our greeters and information desk volunteers welcome people each and every week.
- Do you have the gift of hospitality? Join our coffee counter group or sign up to help with special events.
- Do you love to have people in your home? You can facillitate a small group. All the material is ready for you. Just invite your friends over.
- Do you love to make videos or graphics? We are always looking for new ideas in this arena.
- Do you love to work with sound? Sound techs play such a vital part in our worship service.
We have the opportunities – what is missing is YOU!
Will you partner with us today?
We aren’t looking for a long term commitment. You are free to evaluate the ministry you choose to be a part of, see if it’s a good fit. If not, we’ll move you to one that is. We want you to be happy and fulfilled in the area that you are serving in.
So … what are you waiting for?
Fill out the form belowwith your name, email, and telephone number and I’ll give you a call and we’ll discuss what opportunities will fit you best!
Onward and forward!