Yesterday was my Jesus birthday. One of my friends asked me if that was the day I was baptized. Another asked if it was the day I started going to church. And as much as I do remember each of those events, they don’t qualify as a birthday celebration! My Jesus birthday is the day I gave my life to Jesus! It’s the day I got down on my knees, put my hands up in the air and said, “I give up.” It’s the day I realized that I was all messed up and I needed help. It’s the day I realized I couldn’t do this crazy life thing on my own any longer. It’s the day everything changed.
On September 21, 2000, I gave my life to Jesus and nothing has been the same since.
I’ve learned a few things in the last ten years:
- Jesus isn’t about religion – rules or regulations. Jesus is all about relationship. He wants to be your friend.
- Relationship involves communication – if you do all the talking, you are not communicating. It’s a two way street.
- When you communicate with Jesus, if you ask him a question, be quiet and listen for his answer, he will give it to you.
- When you ask a question, be prepared for an answer you may not want, but definitely need.
- The Bible is the most interesting book I’ve ever read (and I’ve read thousands).
- The Bible comes alive and words leap out of the pages, right into your heart. Really … I’m not making this up. There is a Greek word for it … but you don’t have to know it to experience this.
- When you fall down, get back up.
- When you fall down, and can’t get back up, just sit still for a bit, until you can get back up.
- If you can’t get up, ask Jesus to pick you up. He’ll carry you till you get your strength back.
- You are not competing with anyone, don’t compare yourself with others. God loves you just the way you are. Really. I know that’s hard to believe, but it’s true.
There is more … lot’s more. But it all started with a simple decision to say YES to Jesus. I didn’t have to clean up my act. I didn’t have to read the Bible through first. I didn’t have to become perfect. I didn’t have to wait for just the right time. I just gave my messed up life to him and he did the rest.
I am so thankful for that decision … I can’t wait to see what God is going to do next!
Jesus, thank you for loving me … first. Thank you for changing me, from the inside out. And thank you for making the last ten years of my life the most amazing. I am so looking forward to what’s ahead … WITH YOU!
I love you Jesus!
In Your Name I Pray,
God Bless You!
The Choices You Make Today…
Will Affect Your Tomorrow.